Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"And I am lifted by your love to sing... it's your mercy that has made me free!"

There is something about driving around with the top down ( or windows if your not as spoiled as I) and listening to Leeland. Have I told you lately how amazing and genuine their music is? I've been listening to it for about a week now and it has yet to grow old. Check them out.
I had an off day yesterday and instead of praising God I drove home in silence from a friend's house. As I sit here in my dorm, I'm aware of a few things. One: my moods fluctuate way too often, Two: I don't apply what I know often enough, and Three: God is even more beautiful in this moment as He was the last time I fell flat on my face, which was not long ago. The other day I was driving ( listening to Leeland) and I glanced in my rearview mirror to find a man praising God with all he had. My first feeling was what a friend recently called "holy goosebumps". My second, "Oh gosh I hope he doesn't close his eyes and ram into the back of me." Only joking. Actually no, but to see what I saw in that moment would have been worth it. Its not often you find it. Its not often we look. Even more disappointing, its not often we become captivated by our God ourselves. 
Two days ago I found myself in tears, taken back by how far God had brought me. The next night I found myself in tears, wrapped up in sin. Today was much like last night. I slept way too late: had class at 9:25, and rolled out of bed at 9:15. Luckily, the day still ran smoothly, granted I walked around like the zombie I once knew not too long ago. Now I find myself with dry cheeks (listening to Leeland), pouring out this to simply press the same thing as my last post. God is and always will be the same beautiful, loving, forgiving , yet selfish God he always has been. Bringing you back to Him , may not always be easy on us ( and why should it?) , but He will make himself first. The choice is ours. Though the road to get to where God will have us requires attacks from many different directions, there is one thing that will always remain true: God is sovereign. Cling to His never ending, unchanging, exquisite mercy and grace.
If we look around us, He is there. He is dying to remind us that He is there. Though we may not always feel his presence , He longs for us to search it out. He will not leave us high and dry, He will not leave us to fend for ourselves, He will protect us. As long as we bear in mind that his ways are not ours, and even more so , his timing is not ours. On your good days, praise Him. On your bad days ADORE Him. 
God is God, and always will be. Even in our weakness, or should I say especially in our weakness. We just need to search Him out. The choice is ours.

When the storm is raging all around me 
You are the peace that calms 
My troubled sea 
And the cares of this world 
Darken my day 
You are the light that shines 
And shows me the way 

Oh, the beauty of Your majesty 
On the cross You showed Your love for me! 


-- Leeland ( Beautiful Lord )


 

No comments: