Saturday, April 16, 2011

You know me, You love me

" You know me, You love me" (Psalm 139)

You formed my inward parts
you love me still

You search out my path and lying down
...acquainted with all my ways
you love me still

why do I seek for love and acceptance in appearance of strong faith?
This plastic fruit
this love pursuit
its folly in the end

You know my rising
my lying down
you love me just the same

You see my weakness
my selfish desires
Your love, O Lord, abounds the more

Oh to love how you love me
I cannot comprehend
this grace, this mercy
when I'm so dirty
help me to find the end

The end of me
my selfish ways
to somehow fit a mold
that I create and imitate
to find someone to hold

But you hold me
from birth till now
the mold you knitted then
is still at work
despite this sin
with grace I see within

A deeper cause
A deeper love
that no man can achieve

why do I seek for love and acceptance in appearance of strong faith?
This plastic fruit
this love pursuit
its folly in the end


You formed me
You saved me
You raised me
You know me,
You love me all the same

till your kingdom come may I live as wonderfully as I was made
to your glory and your renown
to love you all the same


1 comment:

Maddy said...

I love this. It's so beautiful. I love how you talk about fitting a Christ-like mold so you can be worthy of finding someone and being loved. You're speaking truth for so many women. I love you and am so glad you're using your talents to grow in our Healer.